F. Craig Farrill – WDP Founder/Chief Executive Officer
A technology leader and visionary, Craig Farrill is captivated by the power of wireless to provide people with a sense of both connection and freedom. For over 40 years, Craig has successfully designed, built and expanded national wireless businesses and networks that have enriched the lives of people around the world. The Wireless History Foundation and the University of Dallas, Graduate School of Management recognized Craig for his lifetime contribution to the global wireless industry as a company founder, board member, industry leader, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technology Officer and technology innovator.
- Craig helped fuel the explosive 34 year growth of the global wireless industry as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for major multinational wireless carriers including Vodafone AirTouch, PacTel Corp. and AirTouch Communications. As Global CTO for Vodafone AirTouch, Craig integrated multinational R&D, technology and network operations across 27 countries serving over 100M customers. As PacTel’s CTO, Craig became widely recognized as a pioneer in Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology and deployed the world’s first large-scale commercial CDMA network covering Southern California. Craig led the rapid expansion of PacTel Cellular, guiding and directing network and advanced technology planning, and supporting license acquisition, network design and rollouts, and start-up operations in PacTel’s US and 12 international businesses.
- Concurrently, Craig fostered wireless carrier collaboration and accelerated global adoption of next generation 2G and 3G wireless networks by forming and leading the CDMA Development Group (CDG) and 3G Operator Harmonization Group (OHG) – – international wireless industry associations.
- After Vodafone, Craig founded inOvate Communications Group in 2000 and Kodiak Networks in 2003, a VC-backed wireless infrastructure company specializing in instant group communications, including push-to-talk (PTT) over cellular. Craig served over four years as Kodiak’s first President & Chief Executive Officer and continues on the Kodiak Board today.
- As a FirstNet (US Commerce Dept.) founding board member, acting General Manager and CTO from 2012 to 2014, Craig planned the start-up and nationwide deployment of an American Public Safety broadband wireless network & organization.
- Craig launched several startup companies in 2015 including Wireless Strategy Advisors, an executive strategy consulting firm advising prospective wireless carrier senior management; Wireless Development Partners, a wireless start-up company focused on developing breakthrough wireless companies, technologies and business opportunities around the world.
- Craig has extensive Board (Rockwell/Conexant, Kodiak, CDG, OHG) and trusted advisor (Samsung, Loral) experience.
- Craig received his MBA degree from the University of Dallas, Graduate School of Management and his BS degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Oklahoma, College of Engineering.
Clint Cooper – WDP Founder/Chief Operating Officer
Clint has 25+ years of executive management, strategic planning, engineering, operations and large network deployment experience in Tier 1 domestic and international wireless telecommunications companies. His extensive international background includes seven years working in Europe and he has traveled and worked in 42 countries across the globe. Clint co-founded Wireless Development Partners, LLC, which identifies and invests in unique telecommunications opportunities.
- Clint founded Teocalli Partners in 2009. Teocalli Partners is an international advisory firm that provides management consulting services to Fortune 100 firms in the telecommunications, public safety and internet space. The firm brings broad, C-Level experience and expert-knowledge-based advisory services to help firms manage and leverage transformations in business, market, and technology. Clients include FirstNet / US Department of Commerce, supporting them from a strategic business planning and network and technology planning/ engineering perspective, as they prepare to deploy a dedicated, nationwide LTE network for all first responders in the US. Other projects include business planning and fundraising for spectrum acquisition projects, affiliate partner business planning with the US incumbent carriers, start-up planning for a green-field carrier in Russia, and extensive work with alternative and small cell network architectures.
- Clint spent 11 years with AirTouch/Vodafone where he delivered some of the first CDMA, GSM and 3G networks worldwide. As Managing Director at Vodafone HQ in Newbury, UK, Clint had technical responsibility for sixteen operating companies. Prior to this Clint was CTO, Vodafone Italy, where he directed the design and implementation of the 2nd GSM network across Italy, 60M POPs and the acquisition of 13M customers in 4 years. Prior to that, at AirTouch HQ in San Francisco, Clint was Executive Director, AirTouch International Engineering and Operations, supporting the license acquisition and operations for AirTouch’s 12 international businesses.
- After Vodafone, Clint joined Italian start-up, eBiscom as Partner and CTO. With a 1.6B Euro IPO, eBiscom built Europe’s first broadband IP telephone company, delivering triple play via fiber to the home (sold to Swisscom for 3.7B euros).
- Clint has extensive start-up and Board of Director experience: CEO reoSym, angel investor Aero Solutions, Board Director at Teltier, Hansenet, Vodafone Hungary and Unwire Asia.
- Clint holds a MS degree in Telecommunications Engineering and Management from the University of Colorado and a BS in Industrial Engineering/Distribution from Clarkson University.